Become a Volunteer
BCO could not operate without our team of volunteers. Whether an individual, business or school group, we welcome new volunteers and recruit people with all different skill sets. Volunteers contribute by providing support to people through a listening presence, hospitality, practical help and the provision of information and facilitating our activities.
Some of the skills we require are: -
- Food Preparation
- Art and Craft
- Community Choir assistance
- Community Dance assistance
- Sorting and managing supplies; clothing, food etc
- General maintenance and handy man activities
- General assistance with events
- Driving people to community activities and appointments
- Any professional skills such as; hairdressing, massage, sewing
We comply with both the national and Uniting church standards for volunteers that require we us to undertake checks, provide induction, training and ongoing support.